In this Month's Geek Corner we are featuring the Fujitsu SnapScan. Our resident expert and engineer Ian Dawson gives his take on this popular scanner - rating from 1 to 4 on the Geek Meter.
Ian has been working with SnapScan scanners for over a year and has installed these devices in numerous dental offices. Here is his review on the Pros and Cons of the device.
Fujitsu SnapScan Pros:
- You can scan Patient Identification Cards & Insurance Cards and extracts the content into editable fields you can export into Excel, Outlook, and other contact manager applications
- You can scan/feed 20 pages per minute saving time and money for other tasks
- With the SnapScan Connect app you can link your SnapScan to your iPad or iPhone for viewing - a great convenience
- Scanner has a stylish and compact design and fits easily onto your desk
- Scans multiple PDF's into single files
- Scans front and back automatically
- One button scan feature directly into desired folder
- Easy importing and exporting files
Fujitsu SnapScan Cons:
- Cost for the SnapScan is higher than your average scanner but the quality is superior
Overall, Ian gives the Fujitsu SnapScan a Rating of 4 out of 4 on the Geek Meter. The SnapScan is currently in DentalPC's technology stack and we specify this product regularly. If you would like to know more about this product, contact us today!
Stay Tuned for our Next Review...