Many dentists struggle with maximizing the potential of their website. Whether it is outdated or not relevant in search engine queries, it doesn’t produce the results that are expected. When we look at results from having a website, we look at converting web searchers into appointed new patients. These are the three goals we shoot for when designing and optimizing a website;
- Make sure they find you
- Make them like you
- Make sure they are who you want
One of the ways to increase your search engine rankings is to drive traffic to your website. The basic ways to drive traffic is to spread the word to your current patients. Here are a few simple ideas to drive traffic that don’t take any SEO knowledge:
- Add your web address to all marketing collateral
- Link your website to your practice management software
- Send your patients to the website to fill out forms
- Request that patients visit your website
- Run promotions/contests with entry forms on your website
- Link to social media sites
- Use third party questionnaires/review forms.
We have outlined some basic steps that, at a bare minimum, should be done on every site. But the fact of the matter is that search engines are dynamic and changing constantly. Nobody knows the true inner workings of the major search engines and how they rank one site above another. The only way to consistently be at the top of search engines is to work your SEO on a daily basis. For an average business owner, this is not possible. If you want to rank on the first page, and ensure you stay there, give us a shout and we can help 904.443.0095.